TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It has been a few days




and there has been no real update from me to you guys about anything. I want to share one place with you that I have found, a literal biological oasis. A park, Chia Yi park to say it best, and in this park is what Taiwanese nature used to look like before it was used to the point of it now being Rice patties and Betle Nute Trees (betle nut is a slightly narcotic chewable nut that many working class men take up, like snuff or chewing tobacco in America only it stains your teeth and mouth a deep color red, and makes your teeth rot faster than any amount of sugar can).
There is not a great expance of these trees and woods because everything is enclosed within one city block, but the depth feels infinite and the compression the woods place on your voice as it leaves your throat knocks any sounds down within a few inches and leaves the tones laying on the ground at your feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home