TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

The other day I snapped this picture as I was walking through our campus. This shot should wait for about another month, but seeing as how I have a new photo manipulator and was playing around with it I thought I would share it. Again another picture that is very striking for me. For some reason I do not like set pictures where someone is telling you, "hold your hands here, chin up, chin down, turn left or right." I would much rather prefer having somone snap a picture in a candid moment.
That is why I like what I am calling my "street series" of photos that are soon going to be making there way on here. A preface to the series is here now. Today I decided that instead of being chilly inside our apartment, because we have a rather cool place, literally it is always below 70 in here. I drove to a very active part of the city and then just started letting loose. I did not go around looking like a tourist, at least not like what Hollywood displayed for a while. Because my camera is small and my paw is rather big it works well for me to have that thing, the camera, at waist level (which someone will joke is at eye level with all other Taiwanese). Around this area I went, click, and capture all the time. In all about 140 pictures in less than an hour, and this I do not feel is the cream of the crop but it sure is a nice way to start.
What do you see when you look at this picture? If you could describe this in one word what would it be? How has this picture been a part of your day because of that word? Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM , Blogger Chris Carter said...

    nothing like being a "head above the rest". Looks like things are becoming "normal", and I have to say they are normal here in Panama!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home