TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

A piece I will call, "Mans walk on this Earth."


There is something that has been eating at me, now maybe not as much as I lead on but still nibbling. I am here in Taiwan, most of you should be aware of this by now, and I get to see much of this Island and how it interacts with itself, the Human to Nature aspect that is. Recently I was in a conversation which brought this observation to the table, "This is a used place." Rightly said. What a used place I walk on everyday. There is almost nothing on this Island anymore that can be claim as Natural beauty. The hillsides have been litered with Beetle Nut trees because they grow quickly and spread all over. Once off a reserve they take over hillsides. Every dit of land is used for soem sort of money making scheme in this country except in a few areas that are too unreachable or just plain un-usable. This is of course not a Green Peace cryout, just another observation I have while I minister here. Am I only a minister to people?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home