TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Another weekend gone...

Opening up these blogs is always a tricky thing. Shoudl I try to be cute and clever, mysterious and wordy? Oh crap who cares, it was another weekend like many in the past, filled with this and that and a bunch inbetween it all. This however is the last weekend that Matt and Dee Dee Wasmund will be two people in their home. That is right, God is Faithful and Just and He has answered the prayers of His faithful people Matt and Dee Dee and blessed them with a baby that they are bringing into their home within the week. This is such good news that our handsome pastor at Salvation Lutheran Church could not stop smiling. And for some reason as I am trying to upload these pictures it is not happening so I will have to go in a little later and bring his smiling handsomness to this site, and therefore a mouse click away.(It seems as through the night the good people working hard for free have fixed whatever problem it was, so here is that smiling handsomness).
A game of Ultimate Frisbee is just what the doctor ordered for this afternoon. As the days are getting longer, warmer and more humid it is getting to be the time when I want to be outside until the sun is starting to go down, and now I have the terrific option of having a beer or two when I am done and sitting watching the sun fall below the horizon.
This week coming up is going to be a week of studying and exams for the students at CMS. Monthly tests are upon us and that means that we are already 1/3 of the way through the second freaking semester. How does that happen so quickly? I do not feel like we have gone through anything in my classes, and with my Senior 3 kids sleep walking into and out of my class because of their all night preperations for their University entrance exams that are coming up in another 2 months, I feel like even less is being accomplished. Even though I feel like nothing is getting done I am having more meaningful conversation with my students in these classes. I seem to be a great time for them to release from the mono rhytmic echos of the teachers voice from behind the podium. Many times when I walk by their classes meads are down, drool on desk, phone in hand, ipod in ear. In my class where sleepers get wet willys and ipods are confiscated, there is a lot more attention placed on where Sam is moving too and what is he going to ask us to do. We talk and play a few games, we dance sometimes, and do those ridiculous Su Doku whatever they are, I am not smart enough for them anyway.
When this site begin cooperating I will get moer comentary on the weekend, and I am sure the week to come. I will also spend a little more time talking about the Bible verses that I am reading ever day. Perhaps we can have some mutual insight and reflection or something, who knows.
Peace. just going and going just to the brink, falling...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:08 PM , Blogger bluegrassjunkywrites said...

    Just write! lol. I always wonder if what type of 'mood' I should convey too, but when it gets down to it, it's just a blessing to read and write in truth and love. So, just write and entertain oh wise Sam.
    God's Peace be with you this day.
    Cristine

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home