TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Good weekend




It is the beginning to another week and the tail of the weekend, and what a weekend it was. Saturday morning I got up after trying to force myself to stay in bed for a few minutes longer than what my body wanted too. I went out and wlaked around a little, got some grubbage, and then headed over to the home of my chinese teacher, Yule is his name, and we headed out to help the pastor at the local English worshiping church move from one home to another. I was indeed happy to help in a more physical way, BUT it was a scary occurence to see just how freaking skinny and non muscularly massive I am these days.
I spent a great deal of time trying to get order of what was supposed to happen, and then, by the time I figured most of it out, we were finished and eating our lunch in preperation to return home. Most certainly not the longest day of helping someone move I have ever had, (Mike and Naomi from Austin) but it was fun none-the-less. I got to meet some of the other missionaries in the area that are working in the area and listen to a few of their opinions and suggestions for ministry in the area. End to the Saturday segment.
Sunday was a great day, number one because of the warmth of the day in the morning and then the change to chilliy weather towards the end of the day. We had missionary worship at Concordia Middle School which was minus the usual crowd, at least from the ordained clergy segment of missionaries in this country. I was asked to put the service together with the help of many other peoples and then share the message with everyone gathered. I was of course honored and nervous to see how it would all play out and what I was going to share.
It went off without too much of a hitch and a few tears, but for the rest of the day and evening I was on a spiritual high that has carried over to this morning. I hope that all of you are doing well and I will have a few more clear thoughts about the weekend and different things that happened. For now enjoy the pics that I will put up here.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:23 AM , Blogger bluegrassjunkywrites said...

    Yummy. Bar-B-Q! You are missing out on that, but sounds like you are having an awesome time growing in faith and love.
    Things here are good. I am so glad to be moving, but will miss everyone when I leave. By the way, all the Grace peeps say hello. If you get a chance, pray for CC. I never see her, and I know that she always appreciated your faith and friendship. She just needs a big God hug. I never see her, but I know that she is running or confused with her faith.
    Anywho, lots of love and care from podunk town, pensacola. lol.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home