TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

That quote was a little much...but amusing







Lately I have been wrestling with an aspect of this blog. I know that there are those of you out there that ask the question, "does he do anything besides take balck and whites, and move into apartments?" I know that I am here, and that one of the charges of missionaries is to report to those in places called home, and encourage the believers in these homes that their God is not failing to make believers all over the world. Some people need constant affirmation and attention on their faith, so that they are encouraged to move forward in their missions whatever they may be, here or there, home or away, next door or other countries. This is for you, my encouraging post, at least I hope as much. So here are some pictures for you, these are the students that I am with every day, around and talking to about the love that Jesus has for them, and the lack of anything they can do to change that. These are pictures of the mountaintops that I climb to have one conversation with a man in the streets of a city gripped by the practices of pagan society. This is Gods mission through me, not sent out by man, but by the Spirit that has laid waste my flesh. The Spirit that has led me here, to a place of growing unconsiousness of self. Peace to all of you under the vail of the StarMaker and Planet Spinner we call Christ.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM , Blogger MD said...

    The Ash Wednesday service sounds really nice. Hmm water and rice. If I had more control over my meals i.e. having a kitchen and not a cafeteria I might entertain something like that. I also am training for the St. Louis Marathon and I don't think something like that for Lent would go well with my training.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home