TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Hey New Look...



Yeah, I wanted to spruce this place up a little and also add some links to sites I think are noteworthy, the list will increase with time. The theme of newness also spills over into my life with the apartment we have now. In this post you will get to see some pictures of the place I am now living, first the inside of my apartment, and then in a later post the actual location from the outside, the building itself and perhaps a view from the top.
We came to have this place through the man (Yule) who teaches me and several others in his home monday nights. he recieved this complex at a minimal cost from the government because of his years of service in the Taiwanese Air Force.
So Yule has this place, as well as three other homes, one of which he lives in, one of which he uses as guest quarters, and another for rent, and now another home, the one I am currently writing you from within. It is great. Cheap from the standpoint of an American, but many Taiwanese think it is a little expensive, all in all I think I will pay almost $200 for rent, and utilities in one month. Cheap, Cheap, Cheap and the place is big, 4 bedrooms, 2 bath, a large balcony, very quiet, in the downtown area of the city, what more can you ask for? I am accumulating plants for some of the window bays, getting to know the location more and more everyday.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:35 PM , Blogger Rosie said...

    Sam--I do remember you from orientation. Thanks for adding me to your link list. Your blog is neat, and I like your apartment! Take care, Rosie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home