TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Man, the Righteous Brothers know what theya re singing about

After getting over whatever it was I had, I had a great need to listen to music that would lift the spirits of a man a shade slower than The Word. And I got it. Percy Sledge, Aretha, Roy Orbison, the Temptations, Dylan, James Brown, and yes the Righteous Brothers. Are you kidding me? Where the heck has music like this gone? With the 50 cents, Evanesence, Avril, what the crap? I want to hear music that is making me a better man, and if there aint nothing like James Brown and the Funk of "Get up off the Thing" "Good God yall!"
The absence of this music is a directly related to the upswing of violent tendancies in the U.S., perhaps that is not as scientific as I would like to think, but it sounds good to me. Where would the world be with a little more Temptations on mainstream radio and media coverage? Lets talk about a little more love, lets get down a little more.
Here is a perscription recomended to you by me, if you do not feel better (even if you are already in a good mood) after listening Martha Reeves and the Vandellas "Rescus Me" you dont know what good music is, if you are a guy and do not feel better about yourself after hearing "Soul Man" you need to get some help. I have to speak my peace on this, even if no one is listening. Get on it Music makers, get back to the roots, get back to the good stuff, I am speaking out, it is starting here, or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home