TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Friday, February 17, 2006

"Poison, Eggs are poison!"




That is of course a quote from a wierd creature in the concluding segments of a sequel to the Wizard of Oz, I believe the movie was called The Emerald City.

It has meaning to me because today is my first recovered day from a bout with food poisoning as I have diagnosed it. I was worried that I had got ahold of some tropical type flu bug or something, but seeing as how the turnover of the symptoms has come and gone so quickly and the severity of the symptoms while they were with me, it can only be "Poison."
I guess I should be thankful that yesterday was the hardest day of my time so far in Taiwan.

Today I am back in the saddle and getting ready to get into the classroom. It is already Friday which is awesome, this semester is going to go by very quickly I am being told, it is shorter than the first semester and there are several activities and exams at different times which will break up teaching quite nicely. Roll with the punches will be the term to use, I will see how many unexpected turns and twists this semester holds for me. So far I have had one thrown at me. I learned that this week, only a few days after our 3 week break had finished, that my Sr. 2 students get to take another 3 day holiday to mark their, well I do not really know the reason behind it at all, but they are gone, and I found out 18 hours before they were to leave after preparing to teach them for the week, Oh Well.

Peace to all of you that are out there living a life in the Light, bring others into the Light with you, with the help of God.

  1. Picture one is the new view I have from my room out into the world.
  2. This is me infront of the worlds tallest building, Taipei 101
  3. This is the home for the most sacred Budha figurine in the Kingom of Thailand, the Jade Budha.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM , Blogger MD said...

    I like these pictures Sam. I keep expecting you to grow a fu man chu. Thanks for your prayers -- they of course are always needed. I am glad that you are enjoying Tawain and are growing.

     
  • At 10:33 PM , Blogger Mandi Lindner said...

    A little FYI for ya:

    The sequel to Wizard of Oz is called Return to Oz (Fairuza Balk's film debut). And the rock people were the ones who got poisoned by eggs. Dorothy's chicken came to Oz with her and saved her from certain doom by laying an egg, thus frightening the rock people into submission.

    Although I'd have to say The Wheelers were much more frightening than the rock people as far as villians go...but goodness knows you'll be saved if you have Tick Tock on your side.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home