TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Fall of Man

Why did God put that tree in the Garden? I don't think, in my present culture, there is as big philosophical hangup for people searching for some spiritual meaning through the bible than that question. If God currently wants all people to Love Him and Love each other, why give them a chance to do exactly the opposite? A great question, which leads to another and another and another all which lead back to another question. A circle, which happens to be the "defense against the dark arts" here in Taiwan. The men specifically. Whenever I pose the question of God, there is inevitably the response, I have many serious questions, all leading to this question, Why put the Tree in the Garden?
I have a question, why is that such a hang-up in my ministry? I pray and pray that God will use me like he used the Apostles in the early church, to convict people and then through the grace of God, their hearts can be changed, but always the devil is shutting the doors of the hearts of these pagans. I guess he rightfully can, because the masses are secure in their sin and it has been hid from their eyes, plausible denyability.
God why are you waiting to shake the foundations satan has in the hearts of these people? There are faithful men and women in place. Use them.
The Answer to these questions I know, and that is not what frustrates me. What frustrates me is why I cannot be joyful in that answer, why does that answer frustrate me, that is why I am frustrated. Perhaps the rumors are true, this land is not ready for a harvest, they are doomed, for the mean time, to be consummed by thier greed and impartiality to Truth. The are infatuated with their fence balancing between the the poles of good and evil. Unwilling to make a concrete commitment to understanding the there is wring and right and not finding the balance between. How long will this last? I wish, for their sake, not a minute longer.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM , Blogger Michael Turton said...

    Probably because its just a tale written by humans for humans. The people who wrote it never imagined that later people would hijack their religion and holy texts, re-interpret them, and then attempt to reconcile their numerous and various origins in Babylonian mythology, Egyptian wisdom literature, Canaanite polytheism, and Hellenistic philosophy, in order to maintain, falsely, that it is all one story.

    In other words, you do the original writer a disservice when you attempt to read it your way instead of his. Your way doesn't work. What frustrates you is the cognitive dissonance you are experiencing between your inner acknowledgment of this truth, and your religious convictions whose real goal is to dictate how you interpret the text.

    Thus, the tragedy of Protestantism, which slew the Pope, only to erect a thousand thousand little popes in his place, and replace the authority of Rome with the tyranny of controlled textual interpretation. That tragedy is working itself in your conscience right now.

    All I can say is, thank god I'm an atheist. Any time you want, I can show you the way out of the dilemma you're in now. Send me an email, I'll send you a book I am writing with a pastor on this topic. Maybe you'll see yourself in it.

    Michael

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home