TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Another one of those movies...

I admit, in 2002 when the first Jackass movie came out on the big screen, I was there. There was something extremely funny that made me actually want to watch men attach electrical devices to parts of their anatomy that should never have been exposed on film in the first place, let alone been zapped with a cattle prod. Several brain cells later, I am reading that now another movie has been filmed and is number one in the box office in America. Funny. I thought Johnny Knoxville got lost in the succes of whatever the heck that movie was with "The Rock."
I mean, when you play second bannana to a former WWF now WWE wrestling icon, how else better to follow up than marching your body into another self destructing feature film, Tyler Derden would be so proud.

On a different, but certainly not lighter note. My two new fish which I have named, Hannibal and Jefferey are running up a score of cannibalized aquarium mates. So far they have devoured 2 of my Blue Tetras and a few shrimp and snails. I now have them quarantined in a seperate smaller tank and feed them similarly to the Raptors from Jurassic Park, the first one. Other than being good looking fish, they are deadly, ask Mark, he is missing a little bit off of one finger.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well.....

    It wouldn't hurt to go back over any Puffe OT notes you have for the Old Testament exam. Old Testament I felt was the easiest because it covered more big picture things with a few details here and there.

    New Testament was my own hell. Know the synoptic gospels ... know what shows up in one gospel and not another and what is in all three. Know the sequence of events for Christ's life. Know the general themes of the epistles Paul wrote. Just be familiar with the introduction to the books found in the CPH study bibles.

    Doctrine is a bit more tricky. You can't just study the catechism. Just remember when you take the test how a Lutheran would think and typically the most pardoxical answer is the correct one.

    Greek and Hebrew ....

    Know all 40 conjugation of the luo verb in greek and that will get you 40 points.

    Hebrew know all the conjugations as well.

    There is no fast tract for the languages but if you know the conjugations and probably the 150 most common words in both you can pass.

    I don't know what else to tell you. Ask the admissions counselors if they have study guides and I am pretty sure they do but they will be detailed and you won't have to know all of it.

    I take it you are heading there next year maybe?

     
  • At 4:45 AM , Blogger Christopher Kennedy said...

    Hey Sam: I don't have much else to recommend that Vicar Martin didn't already say. Know important verses and where they occur, themes of each book, and so on. For doctrine, I'd focus on the Small rather than Large Catechism. I don't remember much about the tests. Doctrine and OT were easiest for me. NT and Greek were hardest. Seems like forever ago that I took them.

    Hope to see you at sem next year!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home