TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Getting Back in the Groove

After nearly a two month constitutional break from blogging, I am ready to jump back in the saddle. Lately things around Con-Ju-High, which is my non Chinese and actually more Japanese sounding affectionate name for Concordia Middle School, (being where I work). So now that I am back, updates all around.

Craziness insued, I woke up after 4 hours of sleep on a jet lagged body to teach three squeemish and frightened classes of newly arrived seventh graders. It was not an act at all for me to act gruff and testy, because I was, and having been that way for the entire first week of school has saved me the slightest grief in the rest of the classes for the August term.
But, with the relaxed level of outbursts to deal with there had to be, according to Dr. Malcom's chaos theory, something to interrupt the niceness that was taking place had to turn around a corner and address me with the tip of its hat. We moved offices, which at another time would not have been as shaking, but since there was a limited amount of time, and that was ontop of me and jettus laggus, I found it to be more stressful. The most stressful out of all of it was the lack of American presence and having to be responsible for moving everything out of the office, most importantly being the materials and files saved on the computers which were not to accompany us to our new office space.
What has been nice though is that, I have company, my girlfriend is here now. I have not written about her before here, and will not go into great detail. But she is an amazing woman, and, since being here, I am much more ready for the days that come.
So for this mid class entry, I shall say this is the end.

justgoing

1 Comments:

  • At 3:34 AM , Blogger ash said...

    i saw your picture today on the lcms missions website. you are in my prayers -ashley

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home