TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I feel

dry and crumbly, like a Sugar Cookie that has been baked a little too long and then finds itself in the hands of a toddler, but the toddler has his right hand grasping a sippy lidded cup and he is easily distracted and flailing his arms. Bit by bit the cookie is falling on the floor to be swept up later under the task minded mother that three years removed the toddler came forth. I need something inside of me to wake up. I feel empty, I feel empty.
Is it that God is far from me? I feel this is a true statement, I feel like God is far from me, and this might certainly be the truth. I feel tired and empty. I want to be filled up by the fullness of the Spirit, but now I feel empty. I want to be full of Him, but I am empty within. During these in-between times where can I find what I feel like I have lost? Reason says in another place, but logic would say what provided it once before. Is fullness still being provided but I am missing it? Perhaps all I need is some physical activity, or perhaps I need some time.

Home,

Just going

3 Comments:

  • At 12:40 AM , Blogger visor said...

    Feeling empty, feeling God is far away, feeling, feeling. Feelings housed within this mortal, imperfect body while at times worthy indicators of moods or circumstances are unreliable indicators of God's activity in our lives or ministry. Subjective feelings should be weighed against the objective truth God expresses. "Can a mother forsake her child? I am with you always! Nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." And so on. David expressed similar feelings many times, yet, by remembering God's activity in dealing with him in the past, his depression, lonliness, fear, etc. were all tempered by God's power and faithfulness. Cheer up Sam. God is with you.

     
  • At 8:54 AM , Blogger MarksGma said...

    We asked the Lord to bless you
    As we prayed for you today
    To guide you and protect you
    As you go along your way
    His love is always with you
    His promises ae true
    And when we give Him all our cares,
    You know He'll see us through.
    So when the road you're traveling
    Seems difficult at best
    Just remember we're here praying
    And God will do the rest!

     
  • At 10:40 AM , Blogger Christopher Kennedy said...

    Hey Sam: Hoping your emptiness is filled with God's peace.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home