TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Man I am starting to slip again

There is no very good excuse as to why I have not been more faithful to writing. I have been busy with preparing my Senior 3 students for their college entrance exams that are coming up in the next 2 weeks for them. I cannot believe how much more national testing is stressed here than an actual GPA with testing. I think it is very interesting that students can phone in or absolutley flake ou ton classes as long as their test grades are at or above par. Almost like a college setting in high school.
I have been busy getting my affairs in order for my return to the states. I am in the middle of figuring out how much sleep I am going to get the first week I am home. And how I am going to get to see everyone I want to see. If I do not get to see you I am sorry. I will officially open up my parents home to any visitors that would like to come from far or near to stay a while.
I hope all of you are well and I will be sure to add something of substance here as soon as I figure out what kind of substance should be added. Well now that I am starting to think, perhaps I will add something a little more Rock'n'Roll.
If you have not yet heard of a small group named Audioslave I recommend that you find out who they are quickly. There is a song off of their newest album, "Out of Exile," which I cannot get out of my ear drums. When you add the Rock/Funk beat of Rage Against the Machine and the Vocals of Soundgarden together you get a Runky Garden that overgrows with tones of delicious raspiness and screeching guitar solos that make you ask, "How'd they do that?" A most fantastic change of pace from what is turning into a teeny bopper rock scene in the States. There are those great groups that are trying to bring Rock back from the brink, Velvet Revolver, The Darkness, Audioslave, these are just the names of a few bands holding it together. With a fist raised in the air, "Rock On!"

just going

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home