TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

to think and to know

I imagine it is a little off for me to now be updating. And for all of you who are faithful to coming here and checking I thank you. It was a crazy few weeks while on my sabatical from blogging. This is perhaps one of the greatest conversations I have had in my life, because it means something. It really means something, to both people involved, their hearts and minds although seperate in belief togehter in discussion.

to think and to know;
Can you draw the line between these two terms? The vague premise that both draw and what you would think is clear about one really is more af an attribute to the other. There are a great deal of men and women in this world that throw these terms around like they were easy enough to understand. Not taking into consideration the implications one puts on self and others when one or both of these terms are used in casual or serious discussion.
Why you may ask this line of philisophical thought? Why not? This is the spur of, like I said, maybe the most meaningful conversation in my life. A little background information, and please do not take what is being said lightly.

I bear this on the cuff of my heart, with all sincerity and love I write this...

Chapter One

Of course I had what all people who are up on stage in a grimmy bar stage with their guitar and a half chewed cigarette butt hanging out of the corner of a 26 year old, skeptical, depressed, selfish mouth want. A father and a mother who freely give their love and rebuke. Nothing about that is up for discussion or clarity.
What I did not have was Faith. None of it. Gone from my inside was that elusive tricky spectre that seemed to come and go from my life as easily as those pimples that are their and annoying for a short time, but after a few days are less irritating.

His faith never in question, never a doubt in mind.
The faith of those never in question either,
as we walked along down the path,
just to follow.
And where to go we not know,
Just follow the path my children and it will be set off.
What is it and what it is are ringing,
through the thoughts of a child tonight,
these questions, the world in which he has made his bed.
Where to go from here but not that way,
why?
for it is against the will of those in control,
that any heart will stray when,
the answers they are not given.


I walked away from what I once knew, leaving it in the past and setting out on a path not of my Father. If I was to walk as Paul I needed to see Saul, be and breathe as he once did. That was the time when I let Philosophy and lies creep into my mind and life and let them run past all that I once cherished.

Chapter Two coming...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home