TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Breaking new ground

So much for living up to the promise I made about getting on and updating this thing on a more regular basis. I guess the question would be, "what has been going on the last few days?" Well there are a few items of interest that I can talk about:
I have been making great headway with someof my classes and then I spent much time making sure others knew what is going on. If there is one thing that is harder than most to to follow in a classroom it is a teacher that has no semblence of discipline. I am having a hard time breaking through to some of these kids that I am not a push over like the last teacher apparently was. So the second to last class of the day yesterday I had to hard ball a kiddo because he was doing a half assed job, and then someother students came to his side saying the last teacher was not so mean, to which I responded, "I am not the last teacher!"
Then we found out that as a large group we were all being invited to go to Hong Kong in November to be a part of the LCMS Asian Ablaze kick off. Even though I am not too sure what Ablaze really means, and I mean the REAL meaning behind it, I think I will go to try and get a better idea. Ablaze seems like a noble cause, but what is the motivation? Christ or Numbers? Those that are reached are supposed to register their thoughts or response to the Ablaze feeling, or message? I do not know, but that is for a seperate entry, maybe after I get back.
Now I am sitting here trying to figure out what to do with my saturday morning. Maybe I will write a few lessons out or at least get and idea of what to write. Maybe I will play some video games until I am restless enough to move into a more comfortable position.
I have a new camera now also, so perhaps I will take a little bit to go around and get some pictures that everyone has been missing out on for a little bit of time.
Peace, Hope, and Safety to all of you, I am praying for the United States and that it does not devour itself from the inside out during these days. I hope Rita is kind to the gulf coast, my prayers are with all of you...

Just going

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home