TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Chapter the...Rules you hope you never use.

There are rules that your parents had, when you were younger, that they hoped they did not have to use. I guarantee it. There are rules that I put into motion as I entered the classroom that I hoped I would never have to use. Was the matter so large as to merit an entire entry? Perhaps not in the eyes of some, but in my guesstimation, yes I think so. The feelings I have now are mixed between several lines of thought, mostly boardering on the validity of the punishment I proclaimed on the wrongdoer.
I am in the middle of a struggle with myself on whether the punishment was harsh enough? Or too Harsh? After all the perpitrator took the rule into account, then disregarded what I had set in place, and took the offense even beyond what I had even established. By the measure of the rule what she had done deserved a much harder punishment, infact the ultimate punishment was certainly warranted, but when there are tears in the eyes of the one who has done the wrong, and you know that this person is understanding and sorry for their action, do you continue down the path of Righteous Judgement and Punishment, or do you for-fo what is called for by the law and lay an even greater precedent? You know the weight of your guilt and now you are free of it, but not free of the punishment. Was my action the most Christ like? I ask this question not to probe for answers but for myself, to probe my heart.
This seems a whole huge mess, that might prompt an email, or a phone call, or a comment even, but whatever your response know that this issue is past, and I will not dig it up again, the hour has past, and I look forward to the next second of new thoughts and prayers

just going

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home