TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Chapter the Twenty-First


As I sit here after the first week of being in the office is complete I feel like I need a beer, and to this you are supposed to answer in true Lutheran Fashion, "This is most certainly true!" I cannot imagine what this year is going to hold but I can imagine what it will not hold, that topic is of course for an entry a little further down the line. For as long as I have been here though there have been some things that have happened that I was thinking would never. Nothing major just small little feelings that I do not want to let out that already have. Small little bits of myself that I was hoping would not pop their heads out of my personality but already have. I am having to watch myself from inside and out to make sure that my time here is spent in the best of ways, for if I let myself this could certainly be a painful year, and if I help myself this will be the best year of life, or at least close.
God help me to be intollerable of self and all of you. This is the only way that I can be free of wanting to be free of my thoughts and illusions. God you are good, lay down a smooth path for your servant and a hard road for the being that hinders him. God you are fair, lay waste the houses of lawlessness and build up the lawful. Lord I know that if I suffered your judgement I would walk the hard path and lay in waste, but Oh God you have sent a light to me, and to that light I fly. Praise be to You and Your Holy City to which the chosen enter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home