TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Chapter the Sixteenth: The same sunrise...

My first morning in Taiwan and I get to see the sun come up through my window here in the school. How amazing! Seeing as how there has been little that has gone on for us since we got here other than trying to stay up as late as we could yesterday to try and aid in our adaptation to the time zone. I finally fell asleep around 8 p.m. and woke up a few times because my body was telling me, "lets start the day!" I am up now and it is a little after 5 a.m., what to do today? I think I am going to go for a little bit of a walk around this morning and look at the rest of the campus and then head out onto the street to find a place to eat some breakfast or a store to buy something to cook. The "Practice Hotel" that we are all living in reminds me of the dorm that I stayed in while at Concordia for University. It is going to be so great for the year, the only thing that I am worried about I think is how we will all interact in the long days that we will all share, will the close proximity help or hinder our relationships to each other when we are exhausted, I guess that could be by what I observed last night before we all went to bed. After all we had been through yesterday and last night, there was a small collective of practice hotel residence that had an impromptu discussion about the finer points of the Russian and Greek Orthodox Church. For as interesting as the conversation was for the short time I listened I did not think that I could have added significant to the discussion so I went to bed.
If all the times that we are extremely tired and worn out and around each other end up this way not only will we e fine, but we will also have spawned some of the greatest theological teaching minds this century has ever scene, walther woud be proud, (wink).
As for now I am going to get into the bathroom and take care of some teeth brushing, then a little bit of bible studying, and then a walk about. Peace to you my friends and family...

Just going...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home