TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Chapter the Thirteenth: Ah the Stuff we Love

I seem to have collected a great deal of stuff in the time I have been between St. Paul and Taiwan, as it will be, and there is only one thing to say, ehhhh...
After a nice long conversation last night I came to the scarce realization that I have been preparing myself quite adequatley with the things I am going to need and the stuff I am going to take, but what of my heart and mind and spirit and faith? Where was all my prep for perhaps the most necessary carry-on items in my life? I am sure that I have enough shirts, pants, books, computer, i-pod, money, etc., but do I have enough faith, or patience, or trust, love, connectivity, truth to be able to complete the task before me. Maybe some would answer is it really "me" completing the task or is it Christ, well I am all well and good with answering the question that way, but like Me, I need to know a little deeper personal answer. Of course Christ is with me, but am I seriously going to take it for granted that without any action on my part that Christ will still prepare me?
I have noticed that I have prayed a little less to spend more time with my sisters, I have been a little less than active at our church because of all the people that want to do things and talk about stuff, I have been less than faithful with my Tithe and offering because I need to save for this trip when I am going to be getting way more than perhaps I will deserve, there are a series of deficiencies now that I see, T-minus 9 days and counting, that maybe I should have payed a little more attention too. So what now, an all out dash to catch up on all the aspects that I have failed to recognie to this point No, most likely not, I am already worn out, and there is so little time to be able to catch up to where I need to be, now that I am aware, I have the chance to do something about it.

Peace to you, the travelers who are going to make the mark of Christ on the doorposts of those who not yet know. Peace to you, the teachers who go to share the word with the worlds who do not yet know. Peace to you, the believers who slip into the warm blanket of Grace. Peace to you, the Pagans for yours is a treasure waiting to be discovered. Peace to you...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM , Blogger ashley said...

    I totally hear you on feeling like you've not been preparing enough spiritually - but just always remember that God works in and through us, spite of ourselves. We're totally worthless when it comes to preparing if we try it alone, but when we realize our errors and come crawling back, he will use us the way he sees fit - which is better than any preparing we could have possibly done on our own. Anyway, tho, I hope that your packing and all has gone well, as apparently it has, and I hope that you are able to take out that extra time to spend with God. Blessings on your journey!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home