TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Chapter the Fourteenth: Can I get some Tissue?

If you last few days are going anything like mine I am sure you have asked that question. Everywhere I turn and just about everyone I turn too seem to have glassy eyes waiting for some reason to let them flood over onto their cheeks. Am I scared of seeing and letting go of my emotion, no, but there is only so much letting go you can do until you have lost it!
Here is the worst, my Dad and my Grandfather both did the commissioning service for me this morning at church, and there nevver was a time, at least that I have been a part of, that I have seen my Dad cry so much. This is truly heart filling for me. To know that my Dad cares so much for me that it spills over onto his shirt, and the floor and just about anything else in proximity.
Take care of your tickets and you packing, take care of the telephone good-byes, make sure you have your bank issues finalized and you are not leaving anything outstanding. And today, or whenever you leave, sit around with your family and cry, hug, laugh, maybe yell a little because that is what you will remember. That is what you will carry with you in your heart till you are ready to get on the plane home, and Jeezz it is going to go by soo fast you most likely say to yourself, "It is already time to go?"
I hope you heart is prepared for if it is not, it will be. I hope your faith is prepared, for if it is not it will be made so. I hope your mind is prepared, for if it is not it will be painful to grow. I pray for you and all you come in contact with, and for those of you being in L.A. and checking this out this afternoon or tonight I will see you in 30 hours or so.
Peace to you who are not letting the excuses of this world keep you in the Box. Praise to you Warriors of Christ expanding the boundaries of His Kingdom in a hostile World. Hail to you travelrs for your feet are truly beautiful. And my love to you friends who will share the year with me and God and those He is sending us there to Love.

Amen,

Justgoing, and almost there

1 Comments:

  • At 6:02 AM , Blogger Cassie said...

    I am praying for you too Sam (and your mom). Talk to you tomorrow!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home