TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Chapter the Ninth: My father the Kitchen Nazi?

It seems ridiculous for me to say, but why do men see the need to control certain aspects of their daily lives that are really in a Uncontrolable area. Last night my Dad, the great cook, pretty much banned everyone from the kitchen because he needed to relax while cooking dinner. The way he did it though was so absolutly un cool and un caring that it pissed the rest of the house off. I do not know a lot about anything in particular but I do know this, no man is strong enough to put up with one pissed off woman I do not know how he expected things to go with three, and me on the top as icing. So what did my mother and sisters decide, we were going to go out to eat, but without my dad knowing. So we left, said bye and everything, and Dad just spaced out in the kitchen really did not realize until I recieved a call on my phone asking, "Where are yall?"
I explained and he got mad, hung up, and then unloaded on all of us when we got home, we pretty much told him to go to bed because he was throwing a temper tantrum and we did not want to see it or hear it, which mad him even more mad, but when it is 4 to 1 who can argue.

My weekend went very well, other than shooting 4 strokes higher on 18 holes than I did last time. It was good to get up into the mountain air and work, not to have to worry about what time to get up or anything of that nature. Wonderful.

It is on the calendar, July 31st I am having a huge Shin-Dig at my place and everyone is invited. There will be Food, Beverages including Oat and Barley Soda, and lots of conversation and perhaps a spontaneous round of golf later in the afternoon. So come one come all to my house for fun in the Colorado Sun.

Peace,

Keep Going

1 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM , Blogger Anne said...

    I'm there. Kind of. The giant cardboard cutout of me is in the mail.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home