TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Chapter the Tenth: Let Us Try This Again...

Two posts ago I believe I tried to get all the readers involved in something, well what happened was either the result of only one person reading any entry on my site, or no one understood what they needed to do. This is an idea from a good friend of mine and I applied it to a prayer, but this time we shall apply it the way he used it, in the form of a story...

Here is what you, the reader, get to do if you so choose. You get to add your own little chunk of a story, keeping it clean and appropriate to my blog and I reserve the right to delete anything I feel is not appropriate. I will start it off and we will go as long as we can, this is your chance to be creative, so do it. Here we go...

"Why is it so dark?" Eddie could not get his eyes open. "Why is this so hard, get open." He was trying to get his right eye open, straining like a salmon swimming up stream and that cannot get up that portion of river. "Wait, why are my eyes closed to begin with?" Eddie had been working on the 1979 El Camino SS that his Uncle had left in their back yard when he had gone to Texas for his last, "Great Opportunity." He was right in the middle of pulling off the carbeurator he thought it was a little gummy because the engine was not getting the gas it should. He had removed the third screw in a series of five and placed the screw on his tool cart to his right, then turned back to the project, and right in the middle of his turn, the lights went out...

OK go for it, let your creative juices run wild and build the story off of what is there...

Just going...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 AM , Blogger Cassie said...

    Sadly I lack creativity (it is true, I recently took a creativity test with dismal results) so I am going to play along on the previous post. So see Chapter the Eighth for comment.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home