TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Friday, May 04, 2007

The Mavs Fall




I am half-way around the world and the news came to me in the middle of the day, instead of the end, that the Mavs had gone down at the hand of the Golden State. This series will go down as the greatest first round upset in the history of the NBA playoffs, for several reasons. Number one might be the collapse of Dirk, again I could say, shen it all came down to him. Next the absolute disgrace of a coach Nellie made Johnson out to be. Finally the way that Golden State becamse the Best West Coast Team this year, and perhaps for the next few with all the swirling comments about the departure of Kobe from the West Coast.
The most dissappointing of all of the headlines though is the stat line from Dirky in the last game of this season. 8 pts from the likely MVP in a whalloping. I think Dirk averaged 12 pts a game for the series, or something like that. Two years in a row this guy has collapse in one himself like that bridge in San Francisco. When the fire gets too hot around the boy he starts to show the stress marks left by the season, and it helps the fire out when the architect is the one stoking it and coaching it up. Man did Nellie ever make Cuban look like (Pause for muscial interlude...My Wiener has a first name, it's Oscar. My Wiener has a second name, it's Meyer).
The worst things that could happen because of this loss would be #1 the Cuban flips out and dismantles the team except for Donnie Nelson and the floor wipers, #2 the Warriors get it handed to them by Houston/Utah. I would hate it if Nellie could not get this team past either of those teams.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:18 AM , Blogger America's Rising said...

    Don Nelson Smokes Cubans!
    just got my GOLDEN STATE 'WE BELIEVE' t-shirt!
    Go Warriors!
    http://moeschwag.com/gostofmiwebe.html

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home