TheVicarageQuest

I have been absent from this world for a while. I am preparing to leave Missouri and head to Illinois for a year on a vicarage assignment. I am hoping through the nest year I will be more faithful in corresponding what is transpiring in Staunton through this medium.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Chapter the Third: When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

There are strange moments in life when you do things to draw people into a conversation, hoping that they will be attuned to what you have to say by snappy title or tag line. And in the words of a certain southern iliterate person, "but alas" there is none such conversation here.
What I can offer is a little insight, like being John Malkovic, only being Sam Beltz...kovic. If you looked through y eyes and saw my hands they would be cut up and sore, why? The 180 feet of new, 4 strand, horse proof fencing plus 2 gates, stringing fence with your hands is probably the least pain free method of doing it, "but alas" there were no other ways.
If you moved from my hands past my wrist to my forearms you would see them sleek and tan. Crispt by the suns rays of the friscilating sunlight. Alright this is a little ridiculous, I need a beer. Lets start again...
If you looked at my hands you would see an old school Budweiser glass pithcer filled with about 4 Rolling Rock, that is much better. Who gives a crap about the rest. Hmm for some reason that seems a little too frat boyish. Ok one more time...I feel like we should be transitioning like Wayne and Garth back and forth between closing scenes, Diddly Doo Diddly Doo Diddly Doo...

When you look in my hands you will see nothing, they are not filled with anything nor do they have any power, when you look at my arms, legs, and feet, they are equally worthless. There is nothing in this body of use, unless...
Pray with my if you will: Father in Heaven give me a reason to use these hands. Fill them with nothing more than love, and the touch to prove it. Father use these arms. Give me the strength to be weak. Father use these legs. Let me carry you to the ends of the Earth. Father use these feet. May they never be tired of walking. God before me to guide me, Behind me to protect me, Beside me to Befriend me, Above me to watch over me, Below me to support me, and Inside me to Inspire me. Amen

Just Going...Is anyone ever "just" doing anything?

1 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM , Blogger Cassie said...

    Sam,
    You continue to surprise me. What an awesome prayer. It reminds me of what I really am, and the things I can be only in Christ.

    On a lighter note: I tried to think of some way to fit "but alas" into this comment, but alas the only way I was able to do it was to quote it.

    ~Cassie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home